- RSS Channel Showcase 9971974
- RSS Channel Showcase 6004211
- RSS Channel Showcase 4586030
- RSS Channel Showcase 1376242
Articles on this Page
- 08/01/17--03:42: _What do I loose whe...
- 06/29/17--06:47: _When will Recent Fi...
- 08/02/17--07:06: _Why do my FrameVect...
- 08/02/17--10:51: _HOW TO ADJUST THE S...
- 08/02/17--11:44: _Using FrameMaker 10...
- 08/02/17--14:56: _Framemaker App Gene...
- 08/02/17--15:03: _Mobile App Output: ...
- 08/03/17--03:37: _Spezial Sizes, 105m...
- 08/03/17--12:31: _Adobe Display Scall...
- 08/03/17--17:23: _subscription vs per...
- 08/04/17--01:35: _Site dictionary can...
- 08/06/17--01:15: _HOW TO MAKE LETTERS...
- 08/06/17--04:08: _Structured footnote...
- 08/07/17--02:45: _FM book does not ge...
- 08/08/17--23:07: _Error Message: Enum...
- 08/09/17--01:23: _Nested ditamap
- 08/09/17--13:41: _SVG issues in Frame...
- 08/10/17--02:24: _Table Issue
- 08/10/17--13:45: _Fesponsive HTML out...
- 08/10/17--11:51: _I just downloaded F...
- 08/01/17--03:42: What do I loose when I save in MIF?
- 06/29/17--06:47: When will Recent File list be increased to more than eight files?
- 08/02/17--07:06: Why do my FrameVector gifs turn pink in FrameMaker 15?
- 08/02/17--10:51: HOW TO ADJUST THE SIZE OF COLUMN?
- 08/02/17--11:44: Using FrameMaker 10, PDF Bookmarks show Chapter 2 links in Chapter 1
- 08/02/17--14:56: Framemaker App Generation: PhoneGap ID validation fails
- 08/02/17--15:03: Mobile App Output: Font Awesome not displayed on Mobile App
- 08/03/17--03:37: Spezial Sizes, 105mmx297mm
- 08/03/17--12:31: Adobe Display Scalling off the Chart
- 08/03/17--17:23: subscription vs perpetual version compatibility
- 08/04/17--01:35: Site dictionary can not be maintained
- 08/06/17--01:15: HOW TO MAKE LETTERS BOLD
- 08/08/17--23:07: Error Message: EnumerateFontFamily-Routine
- 08/09/17--01:23: Nested ditamap
- 08/09/17--13:41: SVG issues in FrameMaker 2015
- Inserted SVG images lose styles if SVG <style> node does not include type="text/css" attribute. According to the W3C spec, the default is "text/css", hence this is extraneous, and therefore some applications omit it.
- Other applications with SVG support do not seem to have this limitation.
- We are working around this issue by adding the type attribute to the <style> node prior to insertion in FrameMaker.
- FrameMaker requests DPI settings when inserting an SVG. We find this peculiar, since SVG is a vector format. Our best guess is that some sort of calculation is taking place between width, height, and viewbox attributes.
- We have yet to determine the impact of the selected DPI setting on insert, although we suspect it may be contributing to the following issue:
- Inserted SVG images come in with ridiculous scaling. Despite SVG width and height attributes being defined in inches, FrameMaker seems to completely disregard these attributes, and instead calculates its own arbitrary (and often absurdly large) dimensions. Our publishers are then forced to manually scale each image, despite the fact that the desired dimensions were already set. We do not have this issue when inserting WMF images.
- When inserting hundreds of images in a document, this is costing a considerable amount of time.
- We currently do not have an acceptable work-around for this issue.
- Is there something our publishers need to change with their workflow to prevent the DPI dialog from appearing when inserting an SVG?
- Is there something our artists can change in the SVG files for FrameMaker to respect the defined width and height attributes?
- 08/10/17--02:24: Table Issue
- 08/10/17--13:45: Fesponsive HTML output file name?
I am returning to FrameMaker after many years of using a different tool, and have a question about MIF. We are going to start using git to do software and documentation versioning. I am well acquainted with git and think that it is a very powerful tool. But the power comes when you are saving text files. You can then to diffs and merging and all that great stuff. So I loose a lot of git functionality if I save my documents in fm format.
So I'm wondering if I could just save all the documents in MIF and never use fm. Are there any gotchas here? Any reason why this would not be a good idea?
Thanks for any insight you have!
This has been a restricted number for a very long time in FrameMaker, and the rest of the Windows world has left this number long ago. Is Adobe ever going to increase this value?
I have a lot of imported graphics that appear normal in FrameMaker 12, but when I open the document in FrameMaker 15 they turn pink! The Facets in the object propertiessay FrameVector and GIF.
I am having a FM Doucment which contain lot of tables in it. All of these tables were imported from a MS Word file. After importing I resized the column and rows using the below codes but I am seeing few issues in the tables.
Please guide me to solve this problem.
Script is executing perfectly but I am seeing few problems in the table. Please see the image's below.
1. In Few tables I am seeing that space between the letters is not unique.
2. Some other tables the column size is too small.
I'm using FrameMaker 10. My book contains 4 chapters. When I save as PDF, all of the sudden the Bookmarks that
should be under Chapter 2 are now showing under Chapter 1. I've searched for help however can't figure it out. I've seen
suggestions to fix the Paragraph tags, or via "PDF Setup" to fix the "Include Paragraphs/Don't Include", or fix the Master
Pages. I'm nervous about those changes since the other Chapters are working fine.
I cannot validate my PhoneGap Account with my Adobe User ID from Framemaker 2015 > Mobile App generation Dialog. Logging in to Phonegap directly via Internet Browser with my Adobe ID works fine.
I am using Font Awesome for displaying images in the content and only placeholder appear when Mobile App is generated. It works fine in HTML5.
Is it possible to print flyer of that size with a few pages. I want to print it and I also want to read it on the computer, so the program or the printer should order it by itslef.
I have a 42" screen That lost its scaling so that now I have insect size menus Icons etc. but huge menu lists, dialogs etc. The whole thing was working perfectly until
We had a similar problem with my sisters 40 inch monitor but this was fixed by an adobe support person. They basically went in and changed some display settings in windows registry. Now, Adobe simply stopped offering technical support. I have tried turning off things in windows and changing things there but those solutions don't work for a large screen. The trick is in the scaling in the registry. I remember an article that detailed the steps for this fix but I can't locate it on the internet anymore.
Does anyone have that information? I am running windows 10 with FrameMaker 12. When I first opened up FrameMaker 12 on the new huge monitor I was afraid of the scalling problem but it opened up perfectly, weird.
If I have the 2017 perpetual license (trial) version of FrameMaker, can I successfully share files back and forth with someone who has the subscription license version?
Working on a utility to maintain the user dictionary and the site dictionary I discoverd a severe problem with the latter:
At the start of FrameMaker the site dictionary is (if old format: converted and) imported to C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics\UserDictionaries\FMSiteDictionary\all\added.txt. This replaces the previous content.
The transfer, however, does not take over hyphenation points. This is independent of format (old, new, with/out header). They are set anew and may create very strange results - just an example:
Word in the site dictionary as deined in maker.ini: Gesamt-farb-s\x8at-ti-gung
Word in the 'internal' dictionary file : Ge¦s¦a¦mt¦far¦bsätti¦gung (the ¦ depicts the hyphenation code \x02)
This makes it impossible to maintain the site dictionary.
I have filed this as bug FRMAKER-3201
I am trying to make the first row letters to bold. I am able to give shading to the cells. Please help me out to make the letters bold using Extend Scripting.
I've come across what seems to be unusual behaviour when wrapping part of my structured footnote into a “footnote italics” element and I am hoping that somebody can explain to me what’s going on. The screenshot below shows the final text:
And the screenshot below shows the structure of one footnote element:
Finally, this third screenshot depicts what happens when I wrap part of the second footnote to a “footnote italics” element:
The wrapped element has a character format applied to it as specified by the EDD, but the rest of the text in the footnote element (which uses a 'footnote' paragraph format in the EDD) reverts to body text. Changing the footnote element to a footnote element corrects the formatting (and leaves the subelement in italics), nevertheless I would still like to understanding why it is happening in the first place...
I am running my FM 2015 on a VMware fusion with Windows 10 OS on a Macbook. While generating a FM book, I came across the following book error report: Could'nt update this book because it contains no openable nongenerated files" This book can generate a PDF on a different Windows machine and tested. Please help me with a suitable solution to address this issue so that I can generate a PDF.
if i want to create a PDF, sometimes the error message "Unknown exception in the EnumerateFontFamily-Routine. Restart the computer" comes.
I can't find anything useful on the web. Does anyone know this message?
How do you nest ditamaps so that the html treats them as expandable sections?
I have Ditamap1 that contains Ditamap2 and Ditamap3
Each map has a <title>Name of map</title> element
Ditamap2 contains topic1, topic2, topic3
Ditamap3 contains topic4, topic5, topic6
Currently, when I output to html5 or pdf I get a flat file:
What I'd like is:
We use FrameMaker for desktop publishing of traditional tech manuals. We have recently begun transitioning to SVG for illustrations, as we often develop web applications (interactive electronic tech manuals) in parallel, and SVG is fully supported by modern web browsers. Unfortunately, we've had several issues with SVG in FrameMaker:
So now to our questions:
Anyone know why the text in this table is dropping below the bottom of the page? Its crossing over the page# and footer line at the bottom, instead of continuing on to the next page. When I continue entering text it drops below and I can no longer see what I'm typing.
I need it to continue on the next page, like a good table should do. Help.
Been searching for two days and cannot find an answer, but for Responsive HTML output from Framemaker, is there any way to customize the launch file from "index.html"? We want to move to responsive help for all our apps, but as much as we always insisted they should launch from an "index.html" page, they all have a custom one.
Is there a setting I'm missing or anything in the files that also needs to be updated if you need a different launch name?
I just downloaded FrameMaker 2017 Eval copy, but I cannot install it. The Akamai Download Manager Installer is stuck in the "Waiting" mode.
I am using Windows 7, 64-bit PC.
I am sure others have seen this problem. How to go past this screen and actually install the product?